Friday, October 29, 2010

Redemption...so much better than perfection

Tonight I was listening to some youtube videos while working on a project for my church...just a little background music as I think and pray and plan.  One of the videos I stumbled upon was a song called "Redemption" by Kristene Mueller.  In a well-timed pause in my thinking and typing, I heard the words "Redemption...so much better than perfection..."  Mmmm...did you ever hear words that just hit you square in the chest and sunk straight to your bones?


I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgement. ~ Exodus 6:6


I know that my Redeemer lives and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. ~ Job 19:25


Rise up and help us; redeem us because of your unfailing love. ~ Psalm 44:26


No man can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for him - But God will redeem my life from the grave; he will surely take me unto himself. ~Psalm 49:7 & 15


But now this is what the Lord says - he who created you, he who formed you - 'Fear not; I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.' ~Isaiah 43:1




When I think about the issue of human trafficking, I get weighed down.  I sometimes can literally feel the weight of it in my body.  There is so much darkness surrounding this issue.  Such deep suffering and outrageous injustice.  When I dream about the future of Ashraya Mission, and imagine the girls who will come to our home, I am struck by the grim reality that these girls will be coming from dark places that I cannot comprehend.  The gravity of that truth cannot be minimized.  But if I believed that was the whole story, I wouldn't be here - we wouldn't be doing this.  There is hope.  I actually believe that.  I believe there is hope of restoration, renewal, and redemption for these girls.  I know that my Redeemer lives.  I know it.


"The darker the night, the brighter the day.  The fiercer the fight, the stronger the faith.  So I place my hope in You." ~ Kristene Mueller (Redemption)


~KtH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...